2016 marks the 43rd anniversary for the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival! Every year, hundreds of thousands of people celebrate at the festivals many offerings! Daily concerts at festival stages are scattered along 32 blocks of the boardwalk and feature a variety of live music and performers. Ignite your taste buds and satisfy your shopping savvy at this year's outdoor shopping and dining experience--from crab cakes to Italian ice, stained glass to pottery, there is sure to be something to delight young and old festival goers alike.
Below is general information about Neptune Festival Boardwalk Weekend. For event-specific information, please return to the events page and select your event of interest.
Friday, September 30: 12:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Saturday, October 1: 10:00 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Sunday, October 2: 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
LIVE MUSIC: Boardwalk Weekend fills 3 musical stages with great local and national talents. Stages are located at 17th, 24th, and 31st Streets on the Boardwalk.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE 2015 BAND SCHEDULE
Friday, September 30: 6:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Saturday, October 1: 1:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Sunday, October 2: 1:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- Parking: CLICK HERE for your travel options, as well as parking locations and prices
- Road Closures: Atlantic Avenue (between 5th-34th Streets) will be closed Saturday, September 26th from 7:00am-9:15am, and again from 10:00am-1:00pm.
- Festival Transportation: HRT Trolleys will run along Atlantic Avenue between 1st and 42nd Streets between 8 a.m. and Midnight throughout the Boardwalk Weekend. Rides are just $2 each. The easily identifiable trolley stops are conveniently located up and down Atlantic Avenue. Trolleys arrive approximately every 20 minutes, but can take longer due to heavier traffic on event weekends. Visit http://www.gohrt.com/services/vb-wave/ for more information on oceanfront transportation.
- Restrooms are located along the boardwalk and the 17th, 24th and 31st Street Parks.
- Beverage Tents are located at 17th, 24th, and 31st Streets. Please have a valid photo ID. You must be 21 years or older to purchase and consume alcohol.
- Festival Information and Brochures can be found at kiosks on 17th and 24th Streets on the Boardwalk.
- First Aid station is located on 16th Street.
- Commemorative Posters will be for sale at 24th Street. Posters and a limited number of autographed posters are available for purchase on the boardwalk or in advance at the Neptune Festival office and online.
- Commemorative T-shirts are available for purchase along the Boardwalk at 16th, 24th and 31st Streets.
- Recycling: The Neptune Festival is certified Virginia Green! Our goal is to reduce our environmental impact through recycling, water and energy conservation, and community and business involvement. Please look for recycling available up and down the Boardwalk and in the parks.
For more information, please contact the Neptune Festival office at (757) 498-0215. During Neptune Festival Boardwalk Weekend â€“ September 30 - October 2, 2016 â€“ call the Neptune Festival Command Center at (757) 213-3461
Back to Events Page