Search Upcoming Events
2013 marks the 40th anniversary for the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival! Every year, hundreds of thousands of people celebrate at the festival’s many offerings! Daily concerts at festival stages are scattered along 32 blocks of the boardwalk and feature a variety of live music and performers. Ignite your taste buds and satisfy your shopping savvy at this year's outdoor shopping and dining experience--from crab cakes to Italian ice, stained glass to pottery, there is sure to be something to delight young and old festival goers alike.
Below is general information about Neptune Festival Boardwalk Weekend. For event-specific information, please return to the events page and select your event of interest.
Boardwalk Weekend Hours
Friday, September 27 | 12:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Saturday, September 28 | 10:00 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.
Sunday, September 29 | 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
This year’s outdoor dining experience features all of your favorite festival fare - Enjoy the view of the Atlantic Ocean along with fresh crab cakes, mouth watering barbecue, fresh cut French fries, savory chicken on a stick, hot funnel cakes and cool Italian ices, to list just a few! Along the Boardwalk enjoy delectable food offerings, exhibitors, and great shopping.
STAGE HOURS: Friday: 6:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M. | Saturday: 1:00 P.M. - 11:00 P.M. | Sunday: 1:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
LIVE MUSIC: Boardwalk Weekend fills 3 musical stages with great local and national talents. Stages are located at 17th, 24th, and 31st Streets on the Boardwalk.
- Restrooms are located along the boardwalk and the 17th, 24th and 31st Street Parks.
- Beverage Tents are located at 17th, 24th, and 31st Streets. Wine is available at 24th and 31st Streets. Please have a valid photo ID. You must be 21 years or older to purchase and consume alcohol.
- Festival Information and Brochures can be found at kiosks on 17th and 24th Streets on the Boardwalk.
- First Aid station is located on 16th Street.
- Commemorative Posters will be for sale at 24th and 31st Streets. Posters and a limited number of autographed posters are available for purchase on the boardwalk or in advance at the Neptune Festival office and online.
- Commemorative T-shirts are available for purchase along the Boardwalk at 16th, 24th and 31st Streets.
- Road Closures: Atlantic Avenue (between 5th-32nd Streets) will be closed Saturday, September 29th from 7:00am-9:15am, and again from 10:00am-1:00pm.
- Parking: Please visit (http://www.vbfun.com/visitors/directions-and-travel-tips/) for your travel options, as well as parking locations and prices!
- Festival Transportation: HRT Trolleys will run along Atlantic Avenue between 1st and 42nd Streets between 8 a.m. and Midnight throughout the Boardwalk Weekend. Rides are just $1 each. The easily identifiable trolley stops are conveniently located up and down Atlantic Avenue. Trolleys arrive approximately every 15 minutes, but can take longer due to heavier traffic on event weekends. Visit http://www.gohrt.com/services/vb-wave/ for more information on oceanfront transportation.
- Recycling: The Neptune Festival is certified Virginia Green! Our goal is to reduce our environmental impact through recycling, water and energy conservation, and community and business involvement. Please look for recycling available up and down the Boardwalk and in the parks.
For more information, please contact the Neptune Festival office at (757) 498-0215.Back to Events Page